The Fifteenth Dynasty of Kevan
July 2 - July 23, 2015
They say here is where it ended, long before you or I were born. Giants the size of mountains came from the seas and the skies and strode across our lands, trampling the cities and the mightiest armies into dust. When our people constructed a great and terrible weapon to strike back, it was turned around and cast back down upon us, and the air itself burned like oil.
The cities and roads are all but gone now, buried beneath the desert. Our people are scattered and lost, the dead sand only offering up broken machinery and the poisonous fuels that once drove it.
Perhaps there is a better place.
Change “Kaiju” to “Tribe” and “Emperor” to “Nomad”.
The following players were active at the end of the Dynasty:
Darknight*, Ienpw III*, Kevan*, Tekneek, Tantusar*
Posts of Interest
- Tribal Belt - Created the 5x5 grid of The Wasteland and populated it with Tribes.
- I Wouldn't Start From Here - Allowed players to send Convoys from their home square to other places.
- Never send an admin to do another admin’s job - Created a Strength value for each Tribe (which later became "Weaponry")
- What Did You Find? - Gave travel a cost, measured in Food (which later became Fuel)
- Teenage Wasteland - Caused grid squares to become more developed when passed through.
- Here, borrow my gun - allowed Tribes to support friendly Tribes in neighbouring squares.
- Coming Through - let Convoys pass through friendly areas without incident.
- The Scenic Route - changed "development" in squares to specific resources: Metal, Fuel (later Oil), Radiation, Settlements and Debris.
- The Stony Express - allowed Tribes to trade materials by sending bikes along safe routes.
- Shall we throw in a little Catan? - caused resources to spawn randomly, and required Oil to be converted into Fuel to power Convoys.
- Lone and Level Sands - defined a victory condition: controlling a connected group of 13 zones.
The Dynasty ended when Tantusar achieved a Territory of 13 Zones, and held it for 24 hours. The vote on the DoV, submitted on 23rd July, 2015, was 3-0 in favour of his victory.