Difference between revisions of "The Sixth Dynasty of Kevan"
(→Posts of Interest: really should write this up one day)
m (1 revision)
Revision as of 05:32, 3 November 2014
January 14, 2010 - February 26, 2010
- Thank you all for taking the time and trouble to journey through the thick fog and treacherous country lanes to Cartlesham Manor, this evening. As you are all well aware, the sudden and tragic death of Lord Cartlesham means that the majority of his estate and not inconsiderable fortune is due to pass to the next in the family line. As the executor of his will, I am required to read its terms to you at 9am sharp in his lordship’s library, tomorrow morning. You will find that rooms have been laid out in the east wing, and the kitchen staff have - before retiring for the night - laid out a small banquet in the dining hall.
- I’ll take my leave of you before this fog gets any worse. I trust I shall see you all in the morning.
The following players were active at the beginning of this Dynasty:
ais523, alethiophile*, Apathetic Lizardman, Aquafraternally Yours, arthexis*, Bucky*, Darknight*, Digibomber, Dustin, Excalabur*, Hix*, Ienpw III*, Josh*, Kevan*, Nausved, NoOneImportant, Ornithopter*, Oze*, Purplebeard*, Qwazukee*, Roujo, Rune Master Xan, spikebrennan, tecslicer, There, Truman Capote*, Uvthenfuv, Wakukee*, yabbaguy.
The following players were active at the end of this Dynasty:
ais523, Anonyman, Bucky*, Darknight*, Darth Cliche*, Digibomber, Excalabur*, hellzapoppin, Flurie, Hix*, Ienpw III*, Keba, Kevan*, Nausved, NoOneImportant, Oze*, Purplebeard*, Put, Qwazukee*, Rodlen*, Roujo, spikebrennan, tecslicer, Thrawn*, Uvthenfuv, yabbaguy, zauper
Posts of Interest
The dynasty had a murder mystery theme, with several players secretly being murderers, and the others (including some undercover detectives) attempting to unmask them. It had a loose Werewolf/Mafia style to it, with locational movement around a mansion, and was perhaps notable for its "night" phase being one of secret movement - when "night" (or rather "a power cut") fell, all players could submit sets of movement/action instructions to the Emperor, to be shuffled and processed in order. Once a "repair the fusebox while in the basement" order was successfully processed, "night" would end and any changes in movement (or, indeed, murders) would be revealed.
Proposals of interest to be listed at a later date.
- "As a pale glow begins to light the sky over the village, a black police van pulls up in the driveway of Cartlesham Manor. Four uniformed officers step out onto the gravel, and spring up the front steps to the heavy double doors, which the Apothecary opens for them. One policeman heads straight for the lounge, another for the library, and the Diplomat and Professor are marched out in handcuffs. Through the grille of the van window, the Attorney arrested during the night glares out at the lights of the manor. And in a distant town square, the door to an Executor’s office is kicked open.
- Alethiophile, Anonyman and Darth Cliche were the murderers at Cartlesham Manor. Flurie correctly identified them in a phonecall to the police, and has achieved victory."
Flurie, a newcomer to the dynasty and to BlogNomic in general, won by correctly guessing the list of Murderers on the basis of speculation in IRC. Afters speculation led by Darth Cliche (who confessed to being one of the murderers), and with minor help from ais523 and hellzapoppin, a list was drawn up of possible identities of all murderers, and Flurie and Hellzapoppin submitted one each. Flurie's submission was correct. Flurie then "passed the mantle" for the next Dynasty to ais523.
Degrees of relation and further revelations were posted in a blog entry.
Never fails. Whenever Kev runs a dynasty, the lurkers come out to play lol.--Darknight 08:07, 15 Jan 2010 (GMT)
The DDA finally disbanded during this dynasty. User:Darth Cliche/sig 17:29, 15 Jan 2010 (GMT)
Bit overdue if you ask some people lol--Darknight 02:30, 16 Jan 2010 (GMT)
[Is still in the DDA]--Qwazukee 17:11, 17 Jan 2010 (GMT)
[is tired of secret plots, secret treaties, secret evil, and such] User:Rodlen/sig 22:49, 17 Jan 2010 (GMT)
During this Dynasty, total number of players reached what is believed to be a record of 33, with a corresponding record Quorum of 17.
- And still climbing--Darknight 05:35, 19 Jan 2010 (GMT)
- I think it maxed out at 33. --Qwazukee 09:09, 26 Feb 2010 (GMT)