Second Switch plans
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here's how my bare-bones original plans are coming; struck-through items are complete.
Recreate the same layout as the current site in the Elementor page builder, which will allow all parts of the site to be edited and styled by people with little/no web development knowledge
- Implement voting smileys in a way that allows them to be easily added or switched out on the fly with no SSH/FTP access (wp-monalisa plugin)
- Pronoun tokens via profile fields
The same fields on blog posts (statuses, flavor text, admin notes), styled in the same way Live UTC clock widget that can be put anywhere without scattering <script> elements hither there and yon (custom plugin) Pending Proposals/CfJ/DoV lists in sidebar as before Move some/all navigation links to a navbar at the top of the page, driven by easily-editable WordPress menus, instead of the sidebar
- Move standalone PHP scripts like the die roller to a subdomain, such as tools.blognomic.com. Not going to attempt to integrate these into WordPress because of the barrier to entry that would create.
Deprecate Markdown if no one is using it. Markdown is a hobby horse of mine but I'm not sure anyone else cares. It doesn't ship with core WordPress, and WordPress has a niceish HTML editor by default. If other people do care about Markdown I will instantaneously move this to the "100% feature parity" list above.
I have more plans that I hope to get to before the test dynasty is overwith, if people think they're good ideas.
- Add an actual vote field to comments; the icon smileys would still be there, but won't count for anything unless dynastic rules said so.
- Keep track of dynasties in WordPress; make Dynastic archives show the entire game in chronological order, and show the correct icon set/smileys based on which dynasty a post is in.