The First Dynasty of Purplebeard
April 8, 2008 - May 21, 2008
You all know why you’re here, so I’ll keep it short:
Gentlemen (and ladies, of course), let’s take over the world. *laughs maniacally*
Repeal all Dynastic Rules, veto the pending proposal and wipe clean the GNDT. “Captain” becomes “Henchman” and “Dread Pirate” becomes “Overlord”.
The following players were active at either the beginning or end of the dynasty.
aaronwinborn, ajhager, arthexis, Bucky, Chivalrybean, Darknight, Jack, lars atomica, Masked Jedi, Oze, Purplebeard, Rodlen, Yoda
The final ruleset can be found here.
Proposals of Interest
- http://blognomic.com/archive/the_root_of_some_evil/ created the [evil] tag. This proposal led to the abuse of [evil] and a veto amount like Mad King Anthony's.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/give_me_guns/ created weapons and evil operations.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/request_for_adminship/ gave Rodlen admin powers. This proposal is notable because it helped lead to his being voted to victory.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/evil_gifts_from_the_public_treasury/ seemed to vote Yoda to victory. However, it was later ruled that it did not.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/no_mr_dynasty_i_expect_you_to_die/ voted Rodlen to victory, allowing him to declare victory. Strangely, most of the votes for Rodlen had to do with his work as an admin.
Rodlen was voted into power in a DoV, leading to wackiness involving a DoV with no hiatus attached. This was due to the fact that Yoda posted a DoV after Rodlen's DoV passed and before Rodlen posted his Ascension Address.
I thought for sure I was going to get away with a sneaky victory, but Rodlen swept through with a legal victory. Oh well, maybe next time.... Oh, and Rodlen, no hard feelings. ;) --Yoda 03:00, 30 May 2008 (GMT)
- Craziest mess after that, though. Rodlen 03:22, 31 May 2008 (GMT)
Skilled in Blognomicry Our Evil Overlord Plots to eliminate All of his foes.
Evil and craftiness All kinds of sneakiness Incontrivertibly Purplebeard knows. --Oze 11:38, 26 Jul 2008 (GMT)