The Eighth Metadynasty
October 5, 2017 — November 4, 2017
Welcome to the Eighth Metadynasty of Blognomic. This is the longest blognomic has gone without entering meta-dynasty. 39 dynasties have passed since Sept 4, 2013, when purplebeard ended the Seventh Metadynasty.
All dynastic rules have been reset. Cuddlebeam is no longer a King. Princes remain Princes, which is suitably generic if not particularly themed. The Imperial vote mechanism will do nothing until we have a king or until a function is assigned it.
While it is customary to have a hiatus between dynasties, no declaration of victory has been made, and no ascension address can be made. And we only have 25 days to Halloween. So I invite all of you to start making rules immediately.
As indicated in the initiating proposal, this dynasty is Halloween themed. Will it end in a trick of rules? or in the treat of involved and clever gameplay?
The following players were active at the end of the Dynasty: Axemabaro, card*, Cuddlebeam, Darknight*, derrick*, Trigon
*: denotes admins
Posts of Interest
- Recolor - Specified the actual theme of the dynasty more than "Halloween"
- Trick or Treat - Established the Trick and Treat values that would soon become crucial to the gameplay
- Costumes - Created Costumes that Trick-or-Treaters could wear
- Pumpkin Boulevard - Created the neighborhood
- Walking - Defined how one could move around Pumpkin Boulevard
- Time - Divided the game up into separate time periods
- Give Me Something Good to Eat - Defined the act of trick-or-treating
- Candy Counting - Defined a scoring mechanism
After tabulating the scores, Axemabaro had 46 points compared to Trigon's 23 and card's 10. Therefore, Axemabaro won.
This dynasty had a long list of mechanics, some of which were never used. For the most part, however, player engagement was high. Unfortunately, only three people actually ended up trick-or-treating at the end. This dynasty also had the opportunity to be open mostly during OCTOber while being the eighth metadynasty.
I didn't pay much attention during this dynasty lol. I regret that though, since the finale was basically "Whoever pulls off the best finishing combo wins" and HNNNNGGG that shit is just my favorite.--Cuddlebeam (talk) 10:56, 23 November 2017 (UTC)