The Sixth Metadynasty
October 25, 2011 - November 10, 2011
The following players were active at the end of this dynasty (* denotes admins):
- ais523 Amnistar* arthexis* Bucky* Clucky* comex coppro* Chronos Phaenon* Darknight* Doctor29 flurie lazerchik Murphy Ornithopter* Pavitra PBURNS Prince Anduril Shadowclaw* SingularByte* southpointingchariot Spitemaster Winner
Posts of Interest
- The New Four Part Plan Introduced Stimulus Packages.
- Let the Games Begin Introduced Representation on proposals.
- Our Goal Is 0% Unemployment
- Small Government
- Why just Dynastic?
- Coming Out of the Woodwork
- Lawsuits Mk III
- Community Volunteers
- The Government Can!
- Economical Paradigms Attempted to factionalize the dynasty. Since one of the factions' core mechanics did not work, it was later repealed.
- Debt Problems
- This Is Why We Need This
- Too big to fail
- The Ties that Bind
- Defining communal weekly actions
- Austerity Measures
- Let’s Try This Again
A consortium of ais523, coppro and comex gathered moderately large SP supplies, via Representation (first via mutual Representation pacts with others, and eventually among themselves), and used them to drive players' SPs to zero, one at a time, via adjusting them to even numbers with Taxes/Welfare, and then using Lawsuits. This allowed them to Employ every other player for the win. (Other people were also doing the same, but due to a quirk in the victory conditions, employing anyone just helped out the leaders unless it formed an employment loop) Although the plan could easily have been disrupted via players buying themselves out of employment, nobody did so, either via apathy or disorganisation, and eventually, everyone else was employed, with comex and ais523 voluntarily employing to coppro to give him the win.
(There was another group which could have stolen the win, except that a key member of that group was away and unreachable for about a day before the win happened)
I posted a rant about the way daily actions work here, after the way the dynasty ended (which left me somewhat short of sleep in RL) showed just how ridiculous the daily action rules had become in terms of what they demanded of players to be able to play them optimally. It's rather telling that we won a day later than we could have done due to missing dailies… CallForJudgement 22:15, 10 Nov 2011 (GMT)