The Fourth Dynasty of Cuddlebeam
5 November -
Spain, with Cuddles de la Beam at its head, leads the world into a bright, sustainable future via a new energy reactor technology based on three newly discovered exotic elements. But this is a story of its past, a cursed, forgotten tale of swords, flintlock guns, and horrible, horrible, horrible secrets f̡r̛oe̷m b͉͙̙̙̞͝ei̱͍͎͘y̭̲ó̷͖̦̞̼̜̖̖͓͉͠a̶̴̛̪̤̮̻̼͈͔̳͇n̯͎͖̖̮̺͚͟͝͝͝d̡̪̰̖͍͈͓̲͚͙͚̱̖̕͟͝ͅj҉̢̺̦̳͖͈̹̫̙̫͕͍̻̤̻͕̰͎͇͘͢ͅs҉͇̪̘͘͞͝͝h͝͏̡̣̻͉̼̼͔̗̭͚͇̯̠̦͎̤s҉̢̘̪͍̻͕̰̞̩̤͓̲̟͉̠h̸̛̬̙͇̖̗̱͉͠
…. ... .. .
The Cathedral of the town of Jerez holds the last relic, the last remains of a messiah from time immemorial. It is the one last lock that is holding shut a horrible gate to… an unspeakable outside. And with its prison so weakened, that beyond starting to seep through, cursing everything in its wake, whimpering, roaring, trying to finally break free after ages of imprisonment.
Thankfully, a group of brave adventurers are here to try to bring and end to this, and solve it once and forever. But they will discover that their greatest obstacle towards reaching the grand truth, the grand solution, is themselves.
Remove “(abbreviated EM)”, “(abbreviated UNSG)”,
Change “EM” and “Energy Minister” to “Adventurer”. Change “UNSG” and “UN Secretary-General” to “Priest”.
The following players were active at the start of the Dynasty:
3Balance, Cuddlebeam, The Duke of Waltham, Farsight, Kevan*, pokes*, TyGuy6
The following players were active at the end of the Dynasty:
Posts of Interest
- The retiring of the GNDT happened with no hiccups, data is tracked elsewhere, on wikipage(s) embedded in the sidebar. May allow for different range of data to be tracked there.
- Admins who have not logged into the blog within the past 730 days (~2 years) got their Admin status removed. thanks Kevan for being willing enough to do that, at ~52 accounts it probably took at least an hour.
- The base mechanic of having one player be a monster that rotates to another Adventurer until everyone has been one once and the dynasty ends.
- Iteration, like a boss introduced battle posts and merit which became this dynasty's score and condition for achieving victory.
- Battle Formation introduced the basic attacks and a turn based battle system, done through comments on battle posts.
- Customization, like a boss added boons, which adventurers could take exactly 5 of that each did something unique and usually did better when taking multiple of the same kind
- They ͚̯̦̮̲c̶̫̦̬̻̮̜͖ọm̲̗̮̜̱e͍, like a boss introduce the equivalent of boons for monsters, which made each monster different
- Holy Fire introduced the Fire action for Adventurers. It was later calculated to have an average output of 25.5, far above any other move that a single Adventurer can do. It did have the side affect of doing an average of 12.75 damage to allies.
- Deadpool, like a boss made it impossible for one adventurer to pass the mantle of victory to another one. this is to curb people helping each other for a percentage chance of heading the next dynasty which has happened in the previous 5 dynasties.
- Black Massacre made the Monster gain the maximum amount of Havoc if all Adventurers are unconscious, even if they hadn't gained that much Havoc beforehand.
- Thirty Pieces of Silver let someone attempt to guess who the traitor is by spending 50 Merit. The traitor gains 50*Quorum Merit if nobody guessed them.
Rotting Presence x 5
Using a loophole, Kevan started the battle with a Retreat, which made him unable to be the target of Battle Actions, as his Rotting Presence netted him some Havoc. card Introduced himself as an Exorcist x 5, and began their Banish. Due to some clunky wording defining actions, card's initial banish was deemed to be illegal and instead started with Fire.
Bulk, 3 Hidden Monstrosities
Using a loophole, TyGuy6 made The Duke of Waltham skip the first action they should have gotten, using The Duke of Waltham's recently passed proposal.
Bulk x 3, Hidden x 1
This battle has not yet encountered a loophole.