The Fourth Dynasty of Amnistar
February 11, 2009 - March 13, 2009
At east Soldiers.
Recently we’ve received reports of the Enemy in our territory. This is ill tidings as our forces have shrunk recently. They outnumber us and outgun us. Something needs to be done.
The Government has brought together you, the most elite of all the military, together to create a fighting force capable of stopping the enemy.
It’s not going to be easy, but you didn’t sign up for a cakewalk.
If we lose, it’s the end of everything, anarchy will reign. If we win though, well, there’s a prize waiting at home for each and every one of you.
Repeal all Dynastic Rules. Replace Member of the Staff with Soldier and Writer with General.
The following players were active at the beginning of the dynasty:
ais523, Amnistar*, arthexis*, Clucky*, Darknight*, Darth Cliche*, Devenger*, dogfish, Gnauga, Hix*, Igthorn, Kevan*, Oze*, Qwazukee, Rodlen*, Sparrow, Wakukee, Wooble, Wooden Squid, & zuff
The following players were active at the end of the dynasty:
ais523, Clucky*, Darknight*, Darth Cliche*, Devenger*, dogfish, Hix*, Igthorn, Kevan*, Kelvin, Qwazukee, Rodlen*, & Wakukee
Posts of Interest
- http://blognomic.com/archive/dynasty_groundwork/ - the first proposal, creating a Skirmish structure rule that was rewritten completely once and tweaked many times to fit ever-changing combat rules.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/shouldnt_go_unnarmed_into_war/ created Weapons and Ammo.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/health1/ created Health.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/be_carefull_where_you_throwem/ created Collateral Damage.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/all_soldiers_are_stuntpeople/ created Action Points and Stunt Actions.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/kill_count/ created Kills (later XP).
- http://blognomic.com/archive/loyalty_redux/ - The creation of the confusing Loyalty statistic that persisted in being important and not well understood until the end of the Dynasty.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/simpler_skirmishes_ready_action_combat_part_i/ simplified skirmishes.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/re_structuring_the_rules/ - The finalisation of the Martial Law rules that made General's Orders as fun as they were (below).
- http://blognomic.com/archive/positions_and_ammo_clerk_isnt_that_familiar/ created Positions.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/fake_it_till_you_make_it/ created the 5th voting icon that has been used off and on since for various purposes.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/call_to_arms/ created Combat.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/more_loyalty_fun/ - Two rules, the first allowing Soldiers to modify their Loyalty every time they lost health (Devenger's method to outpacing everyone on positive loyalty, indirectly winning him the Dynasty), the second introducing the less than popular General's Orders, allowing Amnistar to create ridiculous loyalty-testing restrictions on Soldiers, the breaches of which could be reported by Soldiers via the Martial Law rule (there's a reason it is missing from the final ruleset).
- http://blognomic.com/archive/generals_orders_doubt_is_against_regulation/ was the first General's Orders.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/fair_play/ created a set of Fair Play Rules.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/how_we_will_defeat_the_enemy/ - Just about the last combat 'version'.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/generals_order_tell_me_how_you_really_feel/ was the second General's Orders. Was "The most ridiculous list of General's Orders, allowing Devenger to net even more Loyalty with illogical reports."
- http://blognomic.com/archive/catch_22/ repealed the Rules governing General's Orders.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/skirmish_a_tank_approaches/ was the first Skirmish.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/dead_mans_boots/ - Final consequential victory condition, though it was never met (the General never died).
- http://blognomic.com/archive/alternate_victory_condition/ created a second victory condition.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/skirmish_no_john_you_are_the_demons/ was the second Skirmish.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/im_willing_to_end_this/ - Where everyone gave up and let Devenger win.
General Amnistar went Idle, causing everyone to lose interest in the Dynasty. Since Devenger was one of the most active (and Loyal) Soldiers, he was voted the winner.
Amni went idle. Darth 16:53, 11 Mar 2009 (GMT)
Written by Devenger and Qwazukee.