The Third Dynasty of Cuddlebeam
August 29, 2018 — ongoing
- Damn humans, trying to become immortal and stuff! This is getting out of control. Time to hit the big reset button and start from scratch.
- *SWOOPITY SWOOP*
- There we go. And now, lets see how it goes with these new ones…
- Replace “Mortal” with “Ape” and “Immortal” with “Monolith”
The following players were active at the start of the Dynasty: 9spaceking, card*, Cuddlebeam, derrick*, Jumble, Kevan*, pokes*, Quincunx, Trigon
Posts of Interest
- Copy the Leader introduced the ideas of Food, Genetics, Mutations, and Lifetime Actions, creating a skeleton on which the rest of the game would be built.
- Animals, but not Pond Scum introduced gender, a mechanic which would be given more use later on.
- Another type of heritage introduced Intelligence and Traditions.
- Hermaphroditic Apes introduced mating. Now, two Apes would be selected and have their genes merged to create the next generation.
In my opinion, this dynasty has been more exciting than the last one from the get-go. And based on how many people joined for this dynasty, it appears many people agree with me. I don't know what caused everyone to leave last time. Did we all just decide the concept was dumb? I don't know. Either way, I'm glad to have everyone back. Trigon (talk) 06:18, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
- There was some discussion in a CfJ last dynasty. I think it was a mistake to have a big once-per-day advance-the-game action and then not (either through lack of personal gameplay incentive or lack of spare time) have anyone actually take it. It makes it look like the game isn't working, which becomes self-fulfilling. (Reaping enacted on the 2nd of August and became an anyone-can-do-this daily action on the 8th, but wasn't invoked by anyone until the 15th. It was then invoked three more times, three days apart each time, before the dynasty ended.) --Kevan (talk) 12:28, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
- ...and a similar thing is happening again now, with two potential New Generation Events not happening (and no further game actions being possible) because the Emperor has gone AWOL after proposing an advance-the-game action that only they could perform. --Kevan (talk) 18:36, 9 September 2018 (UTC)