The Twenty-First Dynasty of Josh
5 September 2023
Throughout the ruleset change District to Punter and City to Bookie. Change the Dynastic Tracking page to Betting Shop
Imperial Style: Provocateur / Laissez-Faire / Powerhouse / Scam-Mundane / Guarded / Instinctual
The following players were active at the beginning of this Dynasty: Darknight, JonathanDark, Josh, Kevan, lemon, lendunistus, Rafter
The following players were active at the end of this Dynasty: Bucky, Clucky, JonathanDark, Josh, Kevan
Posts of Interest
- The Book Is Open (Josh) - Established an opening selection of Sports and basic tracked stats for Punters.
- Nomich World Cup (Josh) - Betting actions and the base rules for Nomich. Back To The Arena (Josh) added ClingBoom, Follow the Sfida (Kevan) added Giolitti, Once More Unto The Pitch (JonathanDark) added Soccer, No Crying (Josh) added Bloggsball, A Turn Of The Heel (JonathanDark) added Estate Agent Wrestling, The ₩1m Question (Josh) added Blogbots, and Boxing (Not That Kind) (Jumble) added Box Packing, which was later amended into Boxing to make it consistent with the sport theme.
- Taking a Dive (Kevan) - The mechanisms for Meddling with Event outcomes.
- May The Odds Ever Be In Your Favour (JonathanDark) - How to price outcomes was a recurrent question in the dynasty. This initial mechanic established the basic X:Y formula; Playing the Odds (JonathanDark) proposed static odds based on specific outcomes; Better Betting Bureau (Josh) made the odds of an outcome dynamic based on the bets already placed on that outcome; the final version, as in More Odds Oddities (JonathanDark), made odds dynamic based on prior performance. Following the enactment of Draw Aware Giolitti Odds (Bucky), Giolitti was held as a special case that had its own fixed odds.
- Meddling Quids (Kevan) - Introduced Accusations, by which Punters could accuse each other of Meddling, such that fines could be levied.
- Tote Exacta (Josh) - Set a hard end date for the end of the dynasty, at which point the most cash would win.
- It Was Worth A Shot (lulu) - Put the dynasty into Dormancy. The game exited Dormancy about six hours later, when Clucky and Snisbo unidled.
- This Time Next Year We’ll Be Millionaires (Josh) - Instead of publicly disclosing the amount of Readies each Punter had won, this added Goods which were automatically purchased at certain threshholds, giving a Punters visual gradient for each others' attainment.
- Test Your Meddle (Josh) - Sports Participants had a publicly-tracked Track Record, which suggested their Dominance - an underlying factor that impacted their performance.
- Double the Fun (Clucky) - A rush of additional Events at the end.
- Acca Cadabra (Josh) - A special type of Bet that accumulated value over the events of a day.
- If It Looks Like A Duck (Kevan) - Liberalised the Emperor's ability to correct Proposals accidentally posted out-of-category.
Clucky had won the most Readies at the deadline and so achieved victory. The final scores were:-
- KEVAN: account balance 75 Readies
- BUCKY: account balance 148 Readies
- JONATHANDARK: account balance 166 Readies
- CLUCKY: account balance 347 Readies