The First Dynasty of Devenger
March 13, 2009 - May 14, 2009
Welcome, my assorted board of complete brilliance. You’ce all been brought here by me because I think you have what it takes. You are the best of the best of the best, most of you having frontline battle experience under ... previous political systems making you even better candidates. But you won’t need guns here, unless you really want to lead our men and women by example; I hope you all have your laptops, pens and mindless scribble pads idea generation pads.
We’re going to make a movie. Not just any movie, but the best movie ever made. It’ll combine the thrill of action, the action of thrill and the action-full purity of pure action. Currently, no movie contains more than 1000 on-screen deaths; if we don’t have that many in half of our runtime, nobody’s getting paid.
Yes, the Body Count is the name of the game, my force of scriptwriters and choreographers… With our technical team, no stunt is too ridiculous, no inane destruction of expensive architecture too great. All we need are the minds to come up with, if not the reason, at least HOW our protagonist might achieve suitably massive annihilation of everything we can make a film set.
Get thinking. Act One will start being written within a few days, or we might not have time to steal the people behind The Matrix and run the scenes over with them before filming begins. Not that we don’t trust your ability, or anything.
Repeal all Dynastic Rules. Replace Soldier with Scripter and General with Producer.
Say hello to the Movie Body Count dynasty...
The following players were active at the end of the Dynasty:
ais523, arthexis*, Bucky*, Darknight*, Darth Cliche*, Devenger*, Influenza, Josh*, Kevan*, Psychotipath, Qwazukee, Rodlen*, Wakukee
Posts of Interest
- http://blognomic.com/archive/invasion/ seemed to be an Agoran scam by comex to deactivate almost all Agorans. Through Blognomic. Really.
- (Agoran perspective: there was a typo in the ruleset at the time that wasn't part of the actual rules. With the published ruleset, it might actually have worked if BlogNomic hadn't been alert enough to warn Agora in time; with the actual ruleset, though, it had no chance.) CallForJudgement 17:59, 9 Dec 2009 (GMT)
- http://blognomic.com/archive/we_need_acts_we_need_scenes_we_need_deaths/ created Bodies (later Royalties), Acts, Scenes, Body Counts, and Cut Scenes.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/the_dry_umbrella/ created CONTINUITY! claims.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/popularity_contest/ created Best-in-Show votes and Popularity.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/delicious_new_flavour_text/ removed the long-standing "Italics can't effect anything" rule, adding a Flavor-text field to replace the italics.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/stunt_casting/ created stunt-casting and Actors.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/you_killed_him_with_what/ created Action Props and Signature Props.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/the_golden_envelope_please/ expanded Best-in-Show votes.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/climax/ created the concept of a Climax Act.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/we_have_dolby_surround/ created Theme Music and respective Best-in-Show voting.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/nobody_makes_money_on_theatre_releases_any_more/ created Bonus Material.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/i_will_be_back_ing_off_now/ created Punchlines and respective Best-in-Show voting.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/blink_and_youll_miss_it/ created Subliminal Advertising.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/campaign_for_real_time/ made changing the timestamps on entries a bannable offense.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/development_hell_or_high_water/ allowed the most popular Scripter to steal the Producer's chair.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/finale_part_i_let_dramatic_scribbling_commence/ allowed for the creation of a Finale Act.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/finale_part_ii_take_ii/ created a process for resolving the Finale, and created (finally!) a victory condition.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/climax_act_7_finale/ is the Finale, as well as being a Climax Act.
- http://blognomic.com/archive/the_awkward_aftermath/ is the Voting Post, and thus the beginning of the end of the Dynasty.
Gameplay took place over a number of scripted "acts":
- Act 1 - Prologue
- Act 2 - Aftermath
- Act 3 - Recovery
- Act 4 - Depths
- Act 5 - Hallucination
- Act 6 - A Plan Comes Together
- Final Act
In the final days of the Dynasty, Wakukee and Bucky led the Voting at about 3 votes apiece. However, ais523, Kevan, Qwazukee, and Influenza still had huge amounts of Royalties remaining, so nothing was decided. Bucky attempted to craft an alliance with Darknight to give him the win, while the DDA was unable to unite behind one candidate. ais523 enlisted the support of Influenza, Qwazukee, and Darth Cliche, who together had enough Royalties to determine the outcome. In the spontaneously named "Operation Meerkat," those 4 Scripters simultaneously acted to Bribe every Scripter possible to Vote for ais523. This set the Bribe values too high to be changed by anyone other than Kevan, who could not alter enough Votes to prevent ais523 from winning.
The Dynasty is going well, but interest has started to decline. --Qwazukee 20:18, 11 Apr 2009 (GMT)
Operation Meerkat is a go. --Qwazukee 17:24, 13 May 2009 (GMT)
PoI, Ascension by Qwazukee.