The First Dynasty of Wakukee
December 9, 2009 - January 14, 2010
*Crash! Boom!* **Pyrotechnics**
“Mwa, ha ha! I am free! 10,000 years of slumber, I finally awaken! Free at last, free at last! Thank God almighty, I’m free at last! None shall reign in my infinite- eh? Adventurers? So you have freed me! I see how it is. Very well! In return for your services, I shall grant each of you three wishes, but beware, for I am required by law to tell you that Wishes have not been approved by the FDA, and are not available for purchase at local retailers. Consult your deity before using Wishes. Side effects include feelings of infinite power, corruption, and, in certain cases, death. *Chuckle… we shall see how many of you can survive your greatest desires… Choose wisely.”
Fail all pending Proposals. Repeal all Dynastic Rules. Change all occurrences of “Apprentice” to “Adventurer” and “Artisan” to “Djinn” throughout the ruleset.
The following players were active at the beginning of this Dynasty:
ais523, Apathetic Lizardman, Bucky*, Darknight*, Darth Cliche*, Excalabur*, Josh*, Ienpw III*, NoOneImportant, Qwazukee*, spikebrennan, tecslicer, Wakukee*
The following players were active at the end of this Dynasty:
ais523, alethiophile*, Apathetic Lizardman, Aquafraternally Yours, arthexis*, Bucky*, Darknight*, Digibomber, Dustin, Ienpw III*, Josh*, Kevan*, lars atomica*, Nausved, NoOneImportant, Ornithopter*, Oze*, Qwazukee*, Roujo, Rune Master Xan, spikebrennan, tecslicer, There, Uvthenfuv, yabbaguy
Posts of Interest
- Mach II (the first wishing mechanic to pass): []
- With Apologies to Christina Aguilera (created the Bottle, which subsequently became a Lamp) []
- Fiat Lux Redux (created the Universe, which basically consisted of the entire Earth as described on Wikipedia at a particular pre-dynasty date (to avoid Wikipedia changes affecting gamestate). Each Adventurer was placed at a Location (a location on Earth meeting certain requirements that has its own Wikipedia article.) []
- Blognomic Vote Counter (not specifically relevant to this Dynasty, but ais523's blognomic vote counter (a bot on the IRC channel) was introduced. []
- If Wishes Were Horses (permitted movement around the Universe): []
- I'll Forget if I Don't Write it Down (addressed the transition of the office of Djinni from Wakukee to Darknight) []
- Hunt the Lamp (gave the Djinni's Lamp a location)[]
- Let's Blow This Popsicle Stand (allowed Adventurers who were trapped at the South Pole, which was nearly everybody, for a while, to escape) []
- Why Drive When You Can Pay Others to Do It (permitted Adventurers to spend Power to travel between international airports) []
- Getting Warmer (created oracles at Delphi, Greece, the Great Sphinx, and Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral that Adventurers could visit and consult with to obtain hints as to the location of Relics): []
- The Da Genie Code (created the concept of Relics, and made the Lamp a Relic): []
- Expressions of Interest (created more Relics: the Go-Faster Gloves, which obtained the holder to steal a Relic from another Adventurer at the same location, and four Amulets. Holding all four Amulets was a Victory Condition). []
ais523 used all three of his wishes to move everyone to Funafuti (thus resetting the timer for awarding relics), shrinking the entire Earth to a point (causing everyone to be in the same location as every relic), and wishing that the Djinn (who was Darknight at the time) chose ais523 to award a Relic to if he could ever legitimately choose more than one person. These circumstances presumably would have resulted in _someone_ being able to declare victory after 24 hours elapsed.
Spikebrennan then almost immediately posted a DoV, reasoning that since Spikebrennan held a Relic that contained a Location, and all Locations were now identical, that all Relics were therefore in Spikebrennan's bag and therefore owned by him. This failed to pass.
Kevan then wished that he had been in Funafuti for the previous 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds, thereby beating everybody else to claim all unclaimed Relics (incuding three of the four Amulets) by operation of the 24-hour component of the Relic rule (without triggering the wish prohibition against undoing a game action "more than 24 hours old"). He then used the Gloves (one of the Relics he thereby obtained) to grab the fourth Amulet from alethiophile, thereby fulfilling the Victory condition and declaring victory. The Victory depended upon the Djinn's interpretation of the Relic rule that only the Adventurer in question, and not the Relics, had to be in the hiding place for 24 hours, but once this had been ruled, the Djinn's opinion was binding.
This was the first header: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa305/FerraMorta/BNBanner.png
Later, lars atomica made a wish to change the header to this: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6149/bnbanner2.png
One could also call this the 1.5th dynasty of Darknight, since Wak so wonderfully idled part way into it lol. --Darknight
Yeah, no. --Wakukee. 05:01, 19 Jan 2010 (GMT)
- Not like you had alot of thought in the matter at the time :P--Darknight 05:32, 19 Jan 2010 (GMT)
Wakukee has chosen to name this Dynasty "The Djinn Djinasty" rather that "The Djinn Dynasty" for purely aesthetic reasons.