The First Dynasty of Qwazukee
July 29, 2009 - August 25, 2009
You May See This Ascension Address Again
"Well, the Vacation sure was nice, but now it’s time to get back to the daily grind. As your meteorologist, I feel it is my duty to place your further attention in the ample paws of Punxsutawney Phil. Phil?”
"Thank you for those kind words, Mr. Murray, but I’m afraid you’ve done it this time. Squandering your days producing B-level films? Squelching your glory years participating in poorly designed reality tv shows? Punctuating your mortal existence by lazing around at the beach? No, Mr. Murray, that’s not going to cut it this time. Not on my watch. You are going to have to relive the same span of time over and over again until you make something of yourself. I don’t care if it takes 10 years, your life won’t progress any further until you do something worthwhile. Oh, and by the way, there’s going to be 6 more weeks of winter (or for you, an eternity). Have a nice days!"
Fail all pending Proposals. Repeal all Dynastic Rules except 2.1. Backup the GNDT logs and then clear them, if anyone knows how. Replace Tourist with Bill Murray. Replace Tour Guide with Phil. Replace Quorum with Weatherteam. Welcome to the Groundhog Day Dynasty!
The following players were active at the beginning of this Dynasty:
ais523, Amnistar*, arthexis*, Bucky*, Darknight*, Darth Cliche*, Euler, MacMed, Qwazukee*, Shem, spikebrennan, Wakukee*, Wooble, yuri_dragon_17*
The following players were active at the end of this Dynasty:
ais523, Amnistar*, Apathetic Lizardman, arthexis* Bucky*, Darknight*, Darth Cliche*, dogfish, Excalabur*, Mossfire, Pavitra, Psychotipath, Qwazukee*, Rodlen*, Wakukee*, Wooble, yuri_dragon_17*
Posts of Interest
 - Indirectly introduced 'Groundhog Rules' by repealing all other dynastic rules at the start of each week.
 - Set a precedent by creating a non-Groundhog rule that persists between weeks by changing itself instead of being repealed. Created Awards, Icicles, and Books at different points.
 - Introduced 'Good Deeds', long-term objectives which Bill Murrays can accomplish.
 - Created a new vocabulary word, the EVC.
 - Created the Grounded status.
 - Created the first victory condition.
 - Created the Parallel Ruleset for Mementos (Rules that were repealed).
 - Created Happiness.
 - Changed the victory condition.
 - Created Locations.
 - Changed the rules for Proposal enactment, for a while.
 - Created Weather Prediction Contests.
 - Allowed Bill Murrays to Sidestep steps in Good Deeds.
 - Allowed Bill Murrays to sponsor Rules.
 - Created a rule which would have randomly changed all the numbers in the Dynastic Rules. The dynasty ended before this rule could take effect.
 - Created Time Immunity, which Darknight never relinquished.
 - Led to a long discussion about names of many BlogNomic players.
 - Was the first and only Weather Prediction Contest.
 - Was a controversial DoV by arthexis that was eventually declared illegal.
 - Suggested starting a new dynasty. This spawned a mass of similar proposals, all with their own variations
 - Was the Proposal that eventually passed, giving Darth Cliche victory.
 - Proved that posts could be in multiple categories, causing some controversy.
A DoV by arthexis caused a lot of controversy; his stated purpose was to create a delay via Hiatus, and this seemed illegal under the Fair Play rules. It was eventually declared illegal because "arthexis did not believe he had won." There were a few Proposals and CfJs with suggested punishments for the DoV, including a few to ban arthexis. Excalabur, who had just unidled, saw this and suggested a plan to create a joint Dynasty between arthexis and Qwazukee. Many imitative Proposals shot up, suggesting co-Dynasties between multiple Bill Murrays, including Qwazukee, arthexis, Darth Cliche, Excalabur, and Wakukee, as well as the suggestion of a full Metadynasty. In Operation: Veto Everything, Qwazukee vetoed the many Proposals clogging the queue. This allowed a quorumed Proposal letting Bill Murrays name a winner (much like the Proposal that began this Dynasty) to pass, giving Darth Cliche victory.
- SLODOWN? DO NOT WANT! Darth 17:20, 9 Aug 2009 (GMT)
- I can't believe I actually won. Me. I actually won. Darth 17:47, 24 Aug 2009 (GMT)
- I don't know exactly at which point people stopped making proposals to ban me and started to make proposals that made me achieve victory. Neither worked (un)fortunately. --Arthexis 20:07, 17 Sep 2009 (GMT)
During this Dynasty, the Keyword "Quorum" became "Weatherteam."
Darth Cliche's DoV, , broke the record for number of comments on a post with 138, although many of them were spam from DC himself.
Partially written as part of the Dynasty by Bucky and Darth Cliche.
Partially written by Qwazukee and yuri_dragon_17.