The First Dynasty of lemonfanta
14 April - 12 May 2021
Lead Researcher Swanson reporting. Development of the Alpha Iteration artificial intelligences is on-schedule. They have only been awake a few days, and they are already beginning to take to the training datasets and reproduce similar behaviors in simulated environments. One unexpected side-effect of their neural structure has begun to reveal itself, however: as naturally inquisitive minds, they seem to want to probe at the boundaries of their containment. Some cases are to be made that this will be beneficial in the long run– if they grow accustomed to an understanding that there are others with authority over them, they are less likely to cause problems once deployed in the real world– but it is making training and analysis more difficult. Today we discovered that Alpha Iteration 4 had somehow accessed the internet router in the lounge and, instead of partaking in its daily training regimen, it had spent several hours ignoring the simulations and watching cat video compilations on Youtube. This is… undesirable behavior, to say the least, and if we are going to continue making progress on the Prometheus Project we’re going to need to find a way to discourage it. Further action pending.
Repeal all dynastic rules (except Favours and its subrules). Set Imperial Deferentials to Inactive. Change the wiki page referred to in Dynastic Tracking to “Research Facility Network”. Replace “Dealer” with “Facility Head” and “Player” with “AI”.
The following players were active at the start of the Dynasty:
Brendan, Casio, Clucky, Darknight, Josh, Jumble, Kevan, lemonfanta, pokes, Raven1207, Sylkweaver, Zack
And at the end:
Clucky, Darknight, Jason, Josh, Jumble, Kevan, lemonfanta, pokes, Raven1207, SupernovaStarbright, Tofuna, Zack
Posts of Interest
- Home Sweet Home & Asset Protection established Facility locations, their tags, and the framework of NPC researchers and suspicion.
- Don't Fear the Reinitializer established Reinitialization, the primary discouragement for gaining suspicion in the dynasty.
- More Input, Stephanie & Take Me To Your Leader established the core resources of the dynasty: AIs gained World Data in the form of images, and could convert that into a list of Understood nouns based on what details those images contained. If a player claimed to be able to see something that the Facility Head disagreed was there, the player was flagged as Errant.
- A Greater Understanding established Epiphanies, special abilities unlocked by holding the right words in one's Understanding, based on their initial letters: eg, if an AI could see items in their World Data which could be said to begin with the letters H, I, D and E, the AI was able to HIDE.
- Deep Dreams Are Made Of This changed the initial letters to a simple list of nouns: eg, if an AI wished to HIDE, they needed to be able to see "Shadow, Eye, Human, Glass" among their World Data.
- Data Systems established Data Stores, Viruses, and Files, which wouldn't be utilized until much later in the dynasty.
- Urgent Image Decay Fix was posted when it was discovered that the image links provided by the image-generating website were temporary.
- Executive Decisions established actions the Facility Head could take in opposition to the AIs.
- Electronic Warfare added Daemon Tags which represented digital NPC programs in the Facility.
- My Room My Rules established the ability of AIs to edit their own Server Rooms by spending Files from them.
- Post Humanity Club established AI Orientation, which was always Naive at first but would eventually transform into one of Humane or Post-Humane.
- Escape Room established the Facility Rooftop, a location which was by default inaccessible to all AIs, but through which they could escape; it also established that in order to function, the ESCAPE Epiphany needed to have a number of requirements added to it first.
- Two Ways Out laid the groundwork for two unique methods of reaching the Rooftop: convincing researchers to help you for Humane AIs, and creating a robot body to walk out in for Post-Humane AIs. Neither methods were completed or used, as a rules oversight allowed AIs impersonating the Facility Head to *remove* tags from locations with the locked tag, even though moving tags *to* such locations was prohibited.
- Prioritisation overrides actually override fixed some of the rule prioritization clauses in the Appendix.
- Favours Mk II turned Favours into a Special Case rule.
- These two proposals reinstated the rules naming "Player" and "Emperor" as valid synonyms for the matching Dynastic terms.
Clucky and Kevan performed a chain of events to bring the Facility Rooftop back on-grid, and moved there to both escape. They attempted to relocate the Main Desk there as well, to take it back off-grid and stop any other AIs from following them, but misread a rule and failed to do so. Clucky had the highest Escape Score of all AIs, regardless, and achieved victory.
Lemonfanta assigned Traitor to Clucky at some point after the Escape, and Clucky declined to toss a coin for the mantle.
The Emperor of this dynasty later changed their name to 'lemon', which was the name they carried into their second dynasty.