The Fourth Dynasty of Brendan
November 2 - December 2, 2015
Ascension Address: Feeling Divine
It is with humility and gratitude that I accept the burden of becoming spiritual leader to our flock. I take this responsibility with grave importance, and will do my best to uphold the ancient tradition of sacrifice and devotion that has been settled upon my shoulders. Bless you, and bless all our people.
Upon consideration, though, Christianity is a bit silly, and I got a deck of tarot cards for Michaelmas so we’re going to try that instead.
Repeal all Dynastic Rules. Replace “Pope” with “High Arcanist” and “Cardinal” with “Reader” throughout the Ruleset.
The following players were active throughout the Dynasty: Aname, Brendan*, Josh*, Kevan*, quirck*
Posts of Interest
- The Deal defined the drawn spread of three cards, and made an initial placeholder deck of the Zero of Cups, Wands, Pentacles and Staves.
- Drawing It Out allowed a once-per-day draw of a new card, which would be added to the rightmost position of the spread, knocking out the leftmost card
- Bare-Faced Lies gave players personal discard piles
- The Spread: Zero of Pentacles, Zero of Cups, Zero of Staves - the opening spread
- Wisdom Declined to Appear gave six collectable Auras, some cards to acquire them and one card ("Death") to remove them
- Umbraura added a Shadow Aura, "Treachery"
- It’s My Party And I’ll Scry If I Want To allowed players to generate random Divination spreads, with a bonus for collecting the matching cards
- Pulling Rank defined "Fate" as the sum of card ranks in a player's discard pile
- Nothing Up My Sleeves allowed players to "Lift" cards in their discards, meaning to either take a fresh Zero, or to increment the rank of a card if that new card was available
- Shadow of a Doubt sharpened up Shadows and added the Luck Aura, which could be expended to force a draw of any card
- Suits You changed the effects of Twos to depend on cards in players' Discards
- Judgment Day attached a victory condition to the Judgment card - when it leaves the Spread, the player with the most Auras wins
- The Spread: Zero of Wands, Zero of Cups, Two of Swords - images began to be used for the spreads
- Moon on a Stick added more cards and altered Death
- Take Turns disallowed a player from making the daily draw twice in a row
- Reversed Hierophant the Hard Way gave a bigger bonus for completing a high-rank divination
- This Chariot is Reversing allowed cards in the spread to be Reversed, switching off their card effect
- Hello World gave the World card an effect triggered by linking to BlogNomic from other websites, as the player base was dwindling
- The Spread: Zero of Cups, The Moon, The World - impressively making a proposal to force The World to be dealt redundant
- Cards on the Table allowed players to use their leftmost discard card as a Power Card, triggering its effect for themselves
- Dogging Your Heels gave two more Shadows; Tragedy and Trepidation
- The Spread: Judgment, Three of Wands, Nine of Cups - Judgment is about to leave the Spread and potentially end the game
- The Spread: Three of Wands, Nine of Cups, Three of Pentacles
Kevan had the most Auras when the Judgment card left the Spread, and declared victory.