The First Dynasty of card
1 August - 29 August 2018
The Wizard’s Rule over the land gradually faded as they had reached a balance. It was said some still lived on after cutting off their mortal ties and earthly attachments to the world. Some were even rumored to remain to guide others to the foreverlife.
“So you think you’ve got what it takes to be immortal do you? You become immortal just because you were a Wizard now. You’ve got to think infinitly and be outside of time just to continue existing. You can’t just sit still and let time catch up to you, you’ve got to run away from it for the rest of your immortal life!”
Repeal all Dynastic rules. Rename Historian to Immortal and Wizard to Mortal.
The following players were active at the start of the Dynasty:
9spaceking, Brendan, card, Corona, derrick, Jumble, Kevan, Pseudo-Climacus, Trigon
The following players were active at the end of the Dynasty:
9spaceking, card*, Cuddlebeam, derrick*, Jumble, Kevan*, pokes*, Quincunx, Trigon
Proposals of Interest
- starting again without infinite actions added Immortality Points, Health Points, Thirst Points, Energy Points and Percentage of Time, and mechanisms for Reincarnation, Ticking the Clock and spending an Immortality Point to perform any game action a huge number of times
- Written in Water changed Thirst to Age, with players risking death the older they got
- Lots for Lives allowed each player to be either a Warrior, Scholar, Mystic or Laborer.
- Twists of Fate added a Karma stat
- A Long Time in Politics added Eras for the game to progress through, from Magic to Space
- Time and Space gave everyone a Court location
- Life Force weakened the more Aged players
- Remnants of the Past added Artefacts
- Bound by Fate gave everyone a "Binding" stat, which could be set to a Court, Role or Mortal
- Powers of the Past added some Artefact effects
- Old Man on the Mountain: Card meditated for 2000 years
- Change of Dynasty? was a CfJ suggesting and discussing whether the dynasty had lost its way
- A Place to Wander In added Places within Courts
- Item Fixes and Inventory gave each player an Inventory.
With the game approaching Dormancy, Card suggested assigning victory to a random player. (This possibly had no effect because it lacked the [Victory] tag?) After a brief slew of negotiated CfJs which tried to assign a random win in various different ways, Cuddlebeam was selected by one of them and achieved victory.